Calltakers are Needed in Order to
- Guide Leon County response efforts;
- Determine the severity and magnitude of the event;
- Quantify the damage to homes and businesses impacted by the disaster;
- Assess the need for assistance and estimate disaster impact to businesses, individuals and families; and
- Assist our citizens.
When You Arrive
- Food list sign-up (on table in front of doors in the bullpen)
- Sign badge out (with the shift leader)
- CIL-Volunteer-Timesheet sign-in for Kay
- Phone login (hit login button, then 75XX - the number posted in your cubicle)
The shift leader will assign you a computer, log into WEB EOC, and assist you with the sign-in.
Keep three browser tabs open at all times--the Leon County Emergency Information Portal, this call taker guide, and WEB EOC. (Open a new tab, or use "open link in new tab" so that you don’t leave the WebEOC page) The Leon County Disaster Guide is pinned to the wall of your cubicle along with other handy information.
Greeting: "Leon County Emergency Management, this is [your first name], how can I help you?"
Hit the break button on your phone during the current call to prevent another call coming through once you hang up.
We answer questions using only the information found on the Leon County Emergency Information Portal, the whiteboard in the CIL room, and the Leon County Disaster Guide. If you get a question you can’t answer using these resources, ask the caller if you can place them on hold, hit the hold button, then ask your shift leader.
You may direct callers to the websites included in this guide as a resource for them to reference, but we do not give out information from these third party sites.
Hit the break button on your phone EVERY time you leave your station.
Log every call into WebEOC. EVERY CALL, EVERY TIME.
When You Leave
Check the Leon County Emergency Information Portal, calltaker guide, Leon County Disaster Guide or your shift leader for more details!
- Put phone on break
- CIL-Volunteer-Timesheet sign-out for Kay
- Sign badge in with team leader
- Give all papers with any caller information on them to the shift leader
- Door entry sign-out (at security desk on 1st floor)